Optical & infrared instrumentation
- SPHERE, the new high-contrast imaging instrument on the VLT.
- OmegaCAM, the wide-field imaging camera for the VLT survey telescope.
- X-shooter, the multi-wavelength (300-2500 nm) VLT medium resolution spectrograph.
- VISIR, the VLT imager and spectrograph for the infrared.
- SINFONI, the near-infrared (1.1 — 2.45 µm) integral field spectrograph at the VLT.
- MIDI, the first-generation infrared instrument for the VLT interferometer.
- ALMA Band-9 receivers for the Atacama Large (sub)Millimeter Array.